Adjustment of status within the U.S. is available for immediate relatives of spouses or parents of U.S. citizens provided the alien entered with a visa, even though the alien’s authorized stay has expired. It is also available to alien applicants who have obtained a labor certification indicating that there are no qualified or available Americans who are capable of performing the services the applicant does, and provided the alien applicant is in authorized status. Also for aliens of exceptional ability in the sciences or arts, they may apply for adjustment of status, if they are in authorized stay and they can prove that they possess current widespread acclaim and international recognition requiring exceptional ability.