According to statistics released by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), usage of quota numbers for H-2B employment in the second half of Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 is nearing exhaustion. As of January 2, 2009, the agency received H-2B filings for 36,319 beneficiaries against a target of 50,000 beneficiaries for the half-year. Of these, USCIS has approved 20,687 H-2B beneficiaries. At the current pace, the H-2B cap for the second half of FY 2009 will likely be reached in the coming weeks.
The H-2B cap is 33,000 for the second half of the fiscal year, but USCIS estimates that applications for at least 50,000 cap-subject beneficiaries will be needed to reach the half-year cap. USCIS uses the higher beneficiary target figure to account for cases that are ultimately denied, withdrawn, or revoked, as well as cases in which employers actually employ fewer workers than requested. Note that USCIS may move the target figure based on changing circumstances.
With H-2B number usage nearing the beneficiary target figure and the number of approvals nearing the half-year cap, employers are urged to file petitions soon for employment start dates in the second half of FY 2009, which runs from April 1, 2009 to September 30, 2009. H-2B petitions may be filed up to six months before the employment start date.
Copyright © 2009 by Ogmen & Associates.
- AMERİKA’DA VİZE DEĞİŞİMİ VEYA UZATMALARDA PASAPORTUMUN BİTİŞ SÜRESİ NE KADAR ÖNEMLİDİR ?
- ABD VİZE MÜLAKATINDA ÜZERİME OLAN EVLERİN TAPULARINI GÖSTERMEK ZORUNDA MIYIM ?
- ABD VATANDAŞI KİŞİ 18 YAŞINDAN KÜÇÜK BİRİNİ EVLATLIK ALIP VATANDAŞ YAPABİLİR Mİ ?
- 24 Aralık 2021 – ABD Göçmenlik ve Ticaret Hukuku Avukatı Ayhan Ogmen Canlı Yayını
- TURİST VİZESİYLE ABD’YE GELİP E2 STATÜSÜNE GEÇİŞ YAPARKEN ÇOCUKLARIM OKULA GİDEBİLİR Mİ ?