If I file I-130 for my brother, can he stay in the U.S.

If I file I-130 for my brother, can he stay in the U.S. with his non-immigrant visa and adjust his status?

No, your brother may not remain in the U.S. with his tourist visa while he waits for an adjustment of status. Brother-sister immigrant visa category (F4) is a long waiting category that the beneficiary’s need to wait for a visa availability for this category for more than 10 years. Considering this time frame, your brother may not be able to remain in the U.S. with his tourist visa for 10 or more years in order to adjust his status. For getting a work permit, before coming to the U.S., he may apply for an H visa after finding an employer who may be able to and willing to file for an H petition (Form I-129, Petition for Non-immigrant Worker) on his behalf.

If you have any questions regarding immigrant visa, feel free to reach our Law Firm at +1-212-245-70 70 or [email protected] email address.
Thank you.


ADDRESS: 26 Broadway, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10004, USA

Tel: +1 (212) 245-7070

Fax Numarası: +1 (877) 513-8339

E-mail: [email protected]



Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ayhan.ogmen.9




Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCaDBQ9O77OZ1CVmTnHD74w

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Av_Ayhan_Ogmen

Twitter: https://twitter.com/OgmenLaw

Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user42035567

Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user42029975

Dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/ayhanogmen

Dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/aogmen1






Enquire here

Give us a call or fill in the form below and we'll contact you. We endeavor to answer all inquiries within 24 hours on business days.

Error: Contact form not found.