What is the Diversity Visa Lottery? Does it give a green card?
The Diversity Lottery (DV Lottery) was created by the US Congress in the Immigration Act of 1990 as a mechanism for aliens from certain countries to be able to have an immigration visa available to them without having to go through one of the standard application processes – family, employment, asylum applications.
Section 203 (c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act permits the Department of State (DOS) to create a mechanism to selection aliens to become diversity immigrants.
Each year the Department of State sets up a lottery time mechanism to permit aliens to fill in an application. After a set deadline passes, the applications are completed applications are collected, and a electronic drawing is conducted in which the “winning” applicants are selected.
The application for the DV-2018 Lottery is an application to be in the content and is not considered to be an act that resulting in the existence of immigration intent for purposes of requesting a nonimmigrant visa or when being inspected at the port of entry. If the alien is successful in obtaining the right to apply for a diversity immigrant, an experienced immigration attorney can provide a legal opinion concerning the filing of documents for available immigrant visa.
If you have any questions regarding Diversity Visa Lottery, feel free to reach our Law Firm at +1-212-245-70 70 or [email protected] email address.
OGMEN LAW CONTACTS:
ADDRESS: 26 Broadway, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10004, USA
Tel: +1 (212) 245-7070
Fax Numarası: +1 (877) 513-8339
E-mail: [email protected]
- AMERİKA’DA VİZE DEĞİŞİMİ VEYA UZATMALARDA PASAPORTUMUN BİTİŞ SÜRESİ NE KADAR ÖNEMLİDİR ?
- ABD VİZE MÜLAKATINDA ÜZERİME OLAN EVLERİN TAPULARINI GÖSTERMEK ZORUNDA MIYIM ?
- ABD VATANDAŞI KİŞİ 18 YAŞINDAN KÜÇÜK BİRİNİ EVLATLIK ALIP VATANDAŞ YAPABİLİR Mİ ?
- 24 Aralık 2021 – ABD Göçmenlik ve Ticaret Hukuku Avukatı Ayhan Ogmen Canlı Yayını
- TURİST VİZESİYLE ABD’YE GELİP E2 STATÜSÜNE GEÇİŞ YAPARKEN ÇOCUKLARIM OKULA GİDEBİLİR Mİ ?