Can I still get a green card by filing I-751 Waiver if I am divorced from my US Citizen spouse before two year condition expires?
If you have your green card based on a marriage to a U.S. Citizen, your initial green card will be valid for two years. To get the permanent green card you will need to file a Form I-751 to Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence before your current permanent resident card expires with your US Citizen spouse.
If you are divorced, or not together with your wife, you still need to submit Form I-751, but will have to include a request for a “waiver” of the joint filing requirement. The waivers most likely to be relevant to your case are based on: divorce after a good-faith marriage abuse or battery by the U.S. spouse in a good-faith marriage, and extreme hardship to the immigrant if returned to his or her country of origin.
If you have any questions regarding Green Card, feel free to reach our Law Firm at +1-212-245-70 70 or [email protected] email address.
<OGMEN LAW FIRM CONTACTS:
ADDRESS: 26 Broadway, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10004, USA
Tel: +1 (212) 245-7070
Fax Numarası: +1 (877) 513-8339
E-mail: [email protected]
- AMERİKA’DA VİZE DEĞİŞİMİ VEYA UZATMALARDA PASAPORTUMUN BİTİŞ SÜRESİ NE KADAR ÖNEMLİDİR ?
- ABD VİZE MÜLAKATINDA ÜZERİME OLAN EVLERİN TAPULARINI GÖSTERMEK ZORUNDA MIYIM ?
- ABD VATANDAŞI KİŞİ 18 YAŞINDAN KÜÇÜK BİRİNİ EVLATLIK ALIP VATANDAŞ YAPABİLİR Mİ ?
- 24 Aralık 2021 – ABD Göçmenlik ve Ticaret Hukuku Avukatı Ayhan Ogmen Canlı Yayını
- TURİST VİZESİYLE ABD’YE GELİP E2 STATÜSÜNE GEÇİŞ YAPARKEN ÇOCUKLARIM OKULA GİDEBİLİR Mİ ?