The April 1, 2015 “deadline” for filing H-1B visa petitions for Fiscal Year 2016 is coming soon. Petitions for the new fiscal year, which starts on October 1, 2015, will be accepted by the Government beginning April 1, 2015. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will continue accepting new H-1B petitions as of April 1, 2015, but only until the H-1B cap is reached.
We encourage you to identify any employees who may require H-1B sponsorship as soon as possible. This year we expect the cap to be reached quickly due an overall economic conditions improving over the past year and based on last year’s quick filling. This year, we expect the H-1B cap to be reached as early as the first week of April.
Once the H-1B cap has been reached, employers will be unable to file new cap-subject H-1B petitions until April 1, 2016.
To qualify for an H-1B visa, the position must meet one or more of the following requirements:
• A bachelor’s degree or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum requirement for the particular position;
• The degree requirement is common for this position in the industry, or the job is so complex or unique that it can only be performed by someone with at least a bachelor’s degree in a field related to the position;
• The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position; or
• The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree.
Ogmen Law Firm is happy to work with you to file H-1B petitions right up until April 1st, and afterward, for as long as H-1B visas are available. We strongly advise interested candidates to contact our office immediately for questions and inquiries on their qualification for an H-1B visa. Each petition requires certification by the Department of Labor (DOL) of a Labor Condition Application (LCA). DOL regulations allow for up to seven working days to certify an LCA. It is therefore important to commence work on new H-1B petitions as soon as possible.
Feel free to call us at +1 (212) 245-7070 or email us at [email protected]
OGMEN LAW CONTACTS:
ADDRESS: 26 Broadway, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10004, USA
Tel: +1 (212) 245-7070
Fax: +1 (877) 513-8339
E-mail: [email protected]
- AMERİKA’DA VİZE DEĞİŞİMİ VEYA UZATMALARDA PASAPORTUMUN BİTİŞ SÜRESİ NE KADAR ÖNEMLİDİR ?
- ABD VİZE MÜLAKATINDA ÜZERİME OLAN EVLERİN TAPULARINI GÖSTERMEK ZORUNDA MIYIM ?
- ABD VATANDAŞI KİŞİ 18 YAŞINDAN KÜÇÜK BİRİNİ EVLATLIK ALIP VATANDAŞ YAPABİLİR Mİ ?
- 24 Aralık 2021 – ABD Göçmenlik ve Ticaret Hukuku Avukatı Ayhan Ogmen Canlı Yayını
- TURİST VİZESİYLE ABD’YE GELİP E2 STATÜSÜNE GEÇİŞ YAPARKEN ÇOCUKLARIM OKULA GİDEBİLİR Mİ ?